The Hyundai Palisade flagship large SUV has received new features and a revised model range for the 2024 model year.
As recently detailed, Hyundai Australia has adopted the Calligraphy nameplate, which takes the place of the Highlander variant. This naming now bring it in line with what’s offered in Korea and the US.
The 2024 Hyundai Palisade is now also available in a new Calligraphy Black Ink flagship variant that in other markets is referred to as the Calligraphy Night. It’s essentially a blacked-out variant with dark elements inside and out.
The Palisade Calligraphy Black Ink is only offered in Australia with Abyss Black and Creamy White exterior paints.
Pricing has been increased by up to $1530, depending on the variant, with the range now starting at $66,800 before on-roads for the Elite FWD V6, and extending to $80,900 before on-roads for the Calligraphy Black Ink AWD diesel.
The Palisade Elite now gains acoustic laminated front door glass, a heated steering wheel, an eight-way power adjustable passenger seat, melange knit headliner, wood-like trim inserts, alloy scuff plates, and a carpet cargo mat.
The Palisade Calligraphy now also receives touch-type climate control buttons, water-repellent front door glass, and acoustic laminated rear door glass.
All Australian-specification Hyundai Palisade models continue to be offered with the 3.8-litre naturally aspirated V6 petrol engine and the 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel.
The former is only available with front-wheel drive, whereas the latter is only available with all-wheel drive.
For now there’s no hybrid option available, though Korean outlet ET News reported earlier this year the next-generation Palisade, codenamed LX3, is due to enter production in 2025 and will swap the diesel for a pair of hybrids and a new turbocharged petrol V6.
- 2024 Hyundai Palisade Elite FWD V6: $66,800 (+$900)
- 2024 Hyundai Palisade Elite AWD diesel: $70,800 (+$900)
- 2024 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy FWD V6: $75,900 (+$935)
- 2024 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy Black Ink FWD V6: $76,900 (NEW)
- 2024 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy AWD diesel: $79,900 (+$1530)
- 2024 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy Black Ink AWD diesel: $80,900 (NEW)
All prices are before on-road costs
The 2024 Hyundai Palisade continues to be available with two powertrains.
The petrol option is a 3.8-litre naturally aspirated V6 producing 217kW of power and 355Nm of torque. It’s available only with front-wheel drive.
The other engine option is a 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel producing 147kW and 440Nm. It’s only available with all-wheel drive.
Both powertrains are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The 2024 Hyundai Palisade uses 10.7 litres per 100km on the combined cycle with the petrol V6, and 7.3 litres per 100km with the four-cylinder turbo-diesel.
Petrol models require a minimum of 91 RON regular unleaded petrol, and all models have a 71 litre fuel tank.
The 2024 Hyundai Palisade measures in at 4995mm long, 1975mm wide, and 1750mm tall, with a 2900mm wheelbase.
Boot space is quoted as 311 litres (VDA) as a seven- or eight-seater, and 704 litres (VDA) with the third row folded.
All Palisade variants have a braked towing capacity of 2200kg, while unbraked towing capacity is 750kg.
Servicing and Warranty
The 2024 Hyundai Palisade is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Logbook servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first. Hyundai Australia hasn’t detailed service pricing for the 2024 Palisade at this stage.
The 2024 Hyundai Palisade is now covered by a five-year ANCAP safety rating following a re-evaluation of the mid-life updated SUV.
It received scores of 84 per cent for adult occupant protection, 88 per cent for child occupant protection, 62 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 83 per cent for safety assist.
The 2024 Hyundai Palisade comes standard with the following standard safety equipment:
- Front and front-side airbags
- Front-row centre airbag
- Curtain airbags for all three rows
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Car detection
- Pedestrian detection
- Cyclist detection
- Junction-turning assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Driver attention warning
- Intelligent speed limit assist
- Multi-Collision Braking
- Safe exit assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Following Assist (lane centring)
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Rear occupant alert
- Leading vehicle departure alert
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Bluelink connected services
The Calligraphy adds rear AEB, Blind Spot View Monitor, surround-view camera, backup guide lights, and Remote Smart Park Assist.
The 2024 Hyundai Palisade Elite comes with the following:
- Seven or eight seats
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Full-size spare wheel
- Automatic LED headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- Single-pane sunroof
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Acoustic laminated front door glass (NEW)
- Acoustic windscreen
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation with telematics
- Voice recognition
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless phone charger
- 12-speaker Infinity sound system
- Driver Talk function
- Quiet Mode function
- Tri-zone climate control
- Electrochromatic rear-view mirror
- Remote start
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Heated steering wheel (NEW)
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front seats
- 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- Eight-way power adjustable front passenger seat (NEW)
- Melange knit headliner and pillar trims (NEW)
- Wood-look interior trim inserts (NEW)
- Alloy scuff plates (NEW)
- Cargo carpet mat (NEW)
The Palisade Calligraphy adds:
- Rear AEB
- Blind Spot View Monitor
- Backup light guide
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- Surround-view camera
- Dual sunroof
- Exclusive grille and skid plates
- Body-coloured cladding and bumpers
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Water-repellent front door glass (NEW)
- Acoustic laminated rear door glass (NEW)
- 10.0-inch head-up display
- Touch-type climate control buttons (NEW)
- Digital rear-view mirror
- Automatic defog
- Rear door blinds
- Four-spoke, two-tone leather-wrapped steering wheel (single-tone with black interior)
- Gloss black trim (black interior only)
- Quilted Nappa leather upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated and ventilated second-row seats
- 12-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- Driver’s seat memory
- Second-row wing-out headrests
The Palisade Calligraphy Black Ink (NEW) adds:
- Gloss black 20-inch alloy wheels
- Dark tinted grille
- Dark tinted bumper garnish
- Dark tinted front and rear skid plates
- Dark tinted lower door garnishes
- Dark tinted tail light garnishes
- Gloss black roof rails
- Black suede headliner
- Black suede and leather upholstery
The 2024 Hyundai Palisade is available with the following exterior paint colour options, depending on the variant:
- Creamy White
- Abyss Black
- Gaia Brown
- Graphite Grey
- Moonlight Blue
- Olivine Grey
- Robust Emerald
- Shimmering Silver
- Sierra Burgundy
The flagship Palisade Calligraphy Black Ink can only be had in Creamy White and Abyss Black exterior paint colours.
All paint colours besides Creamy White costs an additional $695.
MORE: Everything Hyundai Palisade
MORE: Hyundai Palisade Highlander Diesel AWD review