The Ram 1500 The pickup range has received a price increase for 2023 with some minor specification tweaks across the range.
Prices for the Ram 1500 go up between $2000 and $20,000, depending on the variant. The range now starts at $98,950 before on-road costs for Express Crew Taxiand extends to $209,950 before on road for fire breathing TRX.
The entry-level Express Quad Cab has been discontinued, although Ram Trucks Australia says there are still a few left in dealer stock.
The 1500 Laramie is no longer available with the optional Safety Pack due to semiconductor shortages.
This means safety features including blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning, lane keep assist, semi-autonomous park assist, surround view camera and adaptive cruise control are only available on the 1500 Limited and TRX.
Electric side steps are also now standard on the 1500 Laramie.
For 2023, the flagship TRX now has a panoramic sunroof as standard. It was previously optional.
The entire Ram 1500 range is converted from left-hand drive to right-hand drive locally in Melbourne, Victoria. The company recently celebrated the conversion of 20,000 Ram 1500 and 2500 models.
The Ram 1500 competes with the Chevrolet Silverado, but will soon go up against the Ford F-150 which is expected to arrive in the third quarter of this year.
It will also compete with the Toyota Tundra, which has yet to be officially confirmed for Australia but looks more likely for a 2024 launch.
- 2023 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab: $98,950 (+$3000)
- 2023 Ram 1500 Warlock II Crew Cab: $109,950 (+$2000)
- 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab: 127,950 (+$4050)
- 2023 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Limited: $153,950 (+$5000)
- 2023 Ram 1500 TRX: $219,950 (+$20,000)
All prices are before on-road costs.
The 2023 Ram 1500 core range is powered by a 5.7 liter naturally aspirated V8 petrol engine produce 291kW power and 556Nm of torque.
The prime 1500 TRX is powered by a 6.2 liter supercharged V8 petrol engine produce 523kW and 882Nm.
Ram claims the 1500 TRX can do 0-100km/h in 4.5 seconds, and it’s limited to 159km/h.
The entire range has an eight-speed automatic transmission with a part-time or full-time four-wheel drive system, depending on the variant.
The 1500 Express and Warlock II have a part-time four-wheel drive system with 2H, 4H and 4L modes, while the rest of the range has a full-time four-wheel drive system that adds a 4A mode.
The Ram 1500 Laramie and Limited both have a 48V mild hybrid system that is claimed to fine-tune the engine’s stop-start system, while all models except the TRX have cylinder deactivation.
The entire range has a claimed fuel consumption of 12.2L/100km on the combined cycle, while 1500 TRX use 19.6L/100km.
The TRX has a 125L fuel tank, the Express has a 121L fuel tank, and the rest of the range has a 98L fuel tank.
The external dimensions of the Ram 1500 2023 depend on the variant you choose. They are as follows:
- 1500 Express Crew Cab: 5833mm long, 2465mm wide, 1917mm high, and 3569mm wheelbase
- 1500 Warlock II Crew Cab: 5850mm long, 2474mm wide, 1971mm high, and 3569mm wheelbase
- 1500 Laramie Crew Cab: 5916mm long, 2474mm wide, 1971mm high, and 3672mm wheelbase
- 1500 Limited Crew Cab: 5916mm long, 2474mm wide, 1972mm high, and 3672mm wheelbase
- 1500 TRX: 5929mm long, 2460mm wide, 2055mm high, and 3686mm wheelbase
The entire range has a braked towing capacity of 4500kg, in addition to the TRX which has a braked towing capacity of 3500kg. Towing capacity without brakes is 750kg.
Payload depends on the variant but is between 833kg and 743kg.
The 1500 has a 1712mm long tab. Models with RamBox storage units in the rear three-quarter panel have 210L of storage on each side.
Service and Warranty
The Ram 1500 2023 range is covered by a three-year, 100,000km warranty with roadside assistance for the same period.
Logbook servicing is required every 12 months or 12,000km.
The Ram 1500 has yet to be tested by ANCAP.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Front, front and curtain airbags
- Reverse camera
- Rear parking sensor
Opting for 1500 Laramie and above adds the following:
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Front parking sensor
No more optional safety packages for the 1500 Laramie. You need to step up to 1500 Limited or TRX to receive the following safety equipment:
- Blind spot monitoring
- Rear cross traffic warning
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keep helping
- Surround view camera
- Semi-autonomous park help
- Adaptive cruise control
The Ram 1500 Express Crew Cabin available with the following standard equipment:
- 20-inch painted black alloy wheels
- Automatic halogen headlights
- 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are wired
- 7.0 inch instrument cluster screen
- Six-speaker sound system
- Dual zone climate control
- Two USB-A ports
- Cruise control
- Tire pressure monitoring
- Carpet floor
- Carpet floor mats
- Fabric chair upholstery
The 1500 Warlock II Crew Cab add:
- 20-inch gloss black alloy wheels
- One inch lift kit
- Fender Ram Rebel lights up
- Power coated black bumper
- Rear sliding cab window
- Auto dim rear view mirror
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Partial leather upholstery
The 1500 Laramie Crew Cab add:
- 20-inch polished aluminum wheels
- LED headlights
- Rain sensor wipers
- Power tailgate
- Electrical side steps (NEW)
- Tab liner
- 12.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- 19-speaker Harman Kardon sound system
- Wireless charging pad
- Remote start
- 10-way power driver’s seat with memory
- 10-way power passenger seat
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated outboard rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Adjustable pedal power
The 1500 Limited add:
- 22 inch black finished alloy wheels
- Air suspension
- panoramic sunroof
- Rubber floor mats with carpet inserts
- Black ‘premium’ partial leather upholstery
- Heated and ventilated rear outer seats
The 1500 TRX add:
- 18 inch alloy wheels
- Goodyear Wrangler Territory 325/65/R18 35-inch All Terrain Tires
- Aluminum paddle shifters
- Flat bottom steering wheel
- Black leather and suede upholstery
The only option available on the Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab, Warlock II Crew Cab, and Laramie Crew Cab is the $4950 RamBox. They added a cargo management system with a 230V power outlet, and LED tray lighting.
The 2023 Ram 1500, depending on the variant, is available in the following exterior colors:
- Bright White
- Metallic Silver Billet
- Granite Crystal metal
- Hydro Blue pearl
- Patriot Blue Pearl
- Diamond Black Pearl
- Solid Red Flame
All colors other than Bright White cost an additional $950.
MORE: All Ram 1500