Hyundai has introduced two new petrol-electric hybrid variants to Santa Fe A range of SUVs for 2023 to compete with the Toyota Kluger Hybrid and the related Kia Sorento HEV.
The Santa Fe Elite Hybrid is precious from $63,000 before on-road costsand also Santa Fe Highlander Hybrid is precious from $69,550 before on-road costs. These are both $3000 more expensive than their respective diesel variants.
Both Santa Fe variants are powered by a 1.6 liter turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine produce 132kW/265Nman electric motor produce 44.2kW/264Nmand a 1.49kWh lithium-ion polymer battery pack. The total output of the system is 169kW power and 350Nm of torque.
The range-topping Santa Fe Highlander Hybrid is the first variant in the lineup to offer a six-seat option instead of the traditional seven. This no-cost option replaces the second row seats for two captain’s chairs.
Prices and specifications for the rest of the range remain unchanged following a price hike across the majority of Hyundai’s range in August this year.
Until the end of October this year, Hyundai sold a total of 3583 Santa Fe models. It was outsold by the Toyota Kluger (10,989 sales), Mazda CX-9 (5916 sales), Kia Sorento (5574 sales), and Mazda CX-8 (4905 sales).
The Santa Fe did outsell the Hyundai Palisade (3420 sales), the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace (2605 sales), and the Skoda Kodiaq (1294 sales).
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5 petrol FWD: $46,050
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 diesel AWD: $49,550
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Active 3.5 petrol FWD: $50,250
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Active 2.2 diesel AWD: $53,750
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Elite 3.5 petrol FWD: $56,500
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Elite 2.2 diesel AWD: $60,000
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Elite Hybrid AWD: $63,000 (NEW)
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander 3.5 petrol FWD: $63,050
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander 2.2 diesel AWD: $66,550
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander Hybrid AWD: $69,550 (NEW)
All prices do not include on-road costs.
Power in the 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe comes from a range of three powertrains including a naturally aspirated petrol V6, a four-cylinder turbo-diesel and a petrol-electric hybrid.
The 3.5 liter naturally aspirated V6 petrol engine available across the range and produce 200kW power and 331Nm of torque. It is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with drive sent to the front wheels only.
The 2.2-liter four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine also available across the range and produce 148kW and 440Nm. It is mated to an eight-speed wet dual-clutch automatic transmission with drive sent through an all-wheel drive system.
The petrol-electric hybrid powertrain is only available on the Elite and Highlander trim levels and consists of a 1.6 liter turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 132kW/265Nm, an electric motor producing 44.2kW/264Nm, and a 1.49kWh lithium-ion polymer battery pack.
The total system output for the hybrid powertrain is 169kW power and 350Nm of torque. This is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with drive sent through an all-wheel drive system.
All variants of the 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe come with Eco, Sport and Smart driving modes. V6 and turbo-diesel modes get a Comfort driving mode.
The entry-level Santa Fe with the turbo-diesel engine gets a Lock 4WD mode, while the rest of the diesel all-wheel drive variants receive Snow, Mud and Sand terrain modes.
Hyundai Santa Fe 2023 uses 10.5L/100km on the combined cycle with the V6, 6.1L/100km with diesel, and 6.0L/100km with hybrids.
All models have a 67L fuel tank, with both V6 and hybrid models able to run on regular 91 RON unleaded petrol.
The 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe measures in 4785mm long, 1900mm wide, and 1685mm high, with a 2765mm wheelbase.
Boot space is between 571L and 782L with the rear seat installed, depending on how far it slides forward. That expands to 1649L with the second row folded flat, and shrinking to 130L with the third line in place.
Brake towing capacity is 2500kg for both the V6 and turbo-diesel variants, while the hybrid has a braking towing capacity of as much 1650kg. Unbraked towing across the range is 750kg.
Service and Warranty
The 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe is covered by a five-year warranty, unlimited kilometers. The Santa Fe Hybrid’s high-voltage battery is protected for eight years or 160,000km.
Logbook servicing for V6 petrol and turbo-diesel models is required every 15,000km or 12 months, whichever comes first. The hybrid model on hand requires a service every 10,000km or 12 months, whichever comes first.
Hyundai now offers three, four and five-year prepaid service plans for Santa Fe V6 and diesel models. They are as follows:
|Three years or 45,000km||$1197||$1377|
|Four years or 60,000km||$1596||$1836|
|Five years or 75,000km||$1995||$2295|
The service price for the hybrid has not been confirmed yet. We will update this story as soon as it is confirmed.
Hyundai Santa Fe petrol diesel version has a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on tests conducted in 2018. The hybrid variant remains unrated.
It earned an adult occupant protection score of 94 percent, a child occupant protection score of 86 percent, a pedestrian protection score of 67 percent, and a safety assistance score of 78 percent.
All 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe models come with the following standard safety features:
- Front, central, side and curtain airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Help guard the lane
- Blind spot help
- Back traffic cross-assistance
- Adaptive cruise control with stop & go
- Driver’s attention warning
- Rear seat occupant warning
- Reverse camera
- Rear parking sensor
- Tire pressure monitoring
Features like rear AEB, blind spot view monitor, Safe Exit Assist with powerful child lock, remote intelligent parking assist, surround view camera and front parking sensors are further available.
Initial stage 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe comes standard with the following standard features:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Full size alloy spare wheel
- LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- LED rear fog lights
- Black front grille
- Heated and power adjustable side mirrors
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 4.2 inch TFT LCD digital trip computer
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker sound system
- Wireless phone charger
- Manual air conditioning
- Third row air conditioning
- Electric parking brake with automatic hold
- Leather steering wheel
- Leather gear knob
- Seven seats
- Manually adjustable driver’s seat with two-way power lumbar support
The Active add the following:
- 18 inch alloy wheels
- Chrome external highlights
- Rain sensing window wipers
- Rear privacy glass
- Front parking sensor
- Power folding side mirrors with puddle lights
- Dual zone climate control
- Push button gear selector
- Paddle changer
- Keyless entry and push button start
- Leather upholstery
- Safe Exit Assist with electronic child lock
The Elite add:
- 20 inch alloy wheels
- 19-inch aero alloy wheels (Hybrid only)
- LED combination tail lights
- Power tailgate with hands-free opening
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are wired
- DAB+ digital radio
- Satellite navigation
- Passenger Talk Function
- Harman/Kardon 10-speaker premium sound system
- Auto dim rear view mirror
- Second row parasol
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- Eight-way power passenger seat
- Heated front seats
- Radar-based rear occupant warning
Network-topping Highlanders add:
- Body colored coating
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- LED projector headlights
- Acoustic laminated windshield
- Acoustic laminated front door glass
- Automatic dipping side mirrors
- Head view
- Rear AEB
- Blind Spot View Monitor
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- Surround view camera
- LED interior lighting
- Ambient lighting
- Aluminum interior trim
- Suede title
- Perforated leather steering wheel
- Heated steering wheel
- Nappa leather upholstery
- 14-way power front seats
- Driver’s seat memory
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated second row outboard seats
The Santa Fe Elite is offered with Cognac Brown leather upholstery for $295, while the Highlander is offered with Camel Beige Nappa leather upholstery for $295.
The Santa Fe Highlander Hybrid can also be optioned with six seats, instead of seven, at no cost. It replaces the second row seats with two captain’s chairs.
The 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe is available in the following exterior paint colors, depending on the trim level.
- Abyss Black
- Taiga Brown
- Magnetic Force
- White Glacier
- Lagoon Blue
- Rain forest
- Typhoon Silver
Every paint color other than Glacier White and Lagoon Blue costs an additional $695.
MORE: Everything Hyundai Santa Fe